Friday, April 5, 2013

McMaturity?

I have long been an admitted fast-food lover. It has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, and I've tried my hardest to not be embarrassed by it (though there was this one time in Spain, having gotten back from a trip with friends, where I waited for them to walk out of the train station so I could turn around and have some McDs without them knowing. Sad fact.)

Last night, I realized it had been some weeks since I have had McDonald's. I was pretty proud of this, as I usually get creepy-cravings pretty regularly. However, boyfriend had brought home McD "snacks," which put it on my radar again. Not having much in my house to eat, I walked there for lunch today. 

Guess what? I was not very satisfied!! I felt gross and bleh and blargh after eating it. How exciting! Normally I shovel that stuff down with a sick satisfaction, but, not today! Could it be? Could I really be getting over McDonald's? I mean, I'm definitely not cured (mmmm Wendy's Spicy Chicken...), but if I could wipe McD's from my list, that would definitely be progress. At least when I get Wendy's Spicy Chicken, I can tell it's real chicken breast... I don't even want to go into what the last chicken sandwich I got at McDonald's looked like... barf. 


No comments:

Post a Comment