So that's something we will be seeing a lot of here. Lists that hail from the internet.
Here is the first of many:
Shalom Auslander's top 10 comic tragedies
"'They give birth astride of a grave,' wrote Samuel Beckett, 'the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.' He was only half-right; he left out the part about there being banana peels on the ground beside the grave, so that from the moment we are born, we slip, and drop our coffee, and everyone points at us and laughs, and then there's a Holocaust, and then, and only then, is it dark once more."
I always say, "There's so much horror in the world, if we can't find a way to laugh at it, we're doomed" (Or something like that, I promise I can be more eloquent). Looks like this guy agrees. I love his tone and now, consequently, I want to read his book.
*Also, a slight shout out. I love The Guardian. Half of what I stumble across and enjoy on the internet ends up being within its frothy pages. Here's to The Guardian, and may they continue to entertain and inform me for the rest of my days... or at least until we all quit the internet because something cooler comes up.

No comments:
Post a Comment